Tuesday 24 April 2012

30 Weeks!

I am sooo excited to be writing a 30 week post!  Somehow I feel like now that I am in the 30's, things are becoming more real and close! (which is both exciting and kinda scary) 10 more weeks.... or maybe less....or more... still the thought is pretty crazy.  Since coming back from our Minneapolis trip we are really getting a move on baby's room. Or well, we're trying. The plan is to move the rest of the husbands stuff out this weekend and start to paint the room.  We picked up the paint the other day, and decided on a beigey color.  I really want something neutral that will go with most things. I plan to incorporate a fair amount of white in accents, and when the baby is born to hopefully personalize it a bit more whether it is a girl or boy. Our biggest challenge to date is finding a glider.  I cannot believe how hard it is to find a glider in a natural wood finish!  All of the ones I seem to find are espresso,oak, or cherry, and when you try to order it in natural? they up the price several hundred dollars. This is soooo infuriating!  The other day I thought I got lucky at finding one online and second hand, but when i went to see it, the cushions (while beige) looked too grandma like. Blech. All paisley and such.  So, back to square one.



How far along? 30 Weeks

Total weight gain? 19 Lbs

Maternity clothes? Can I just leave out this question now? Pretty much unless I found a flattering top that works in a bigger size

Stretch marks? No

Sleep? Usually the sleeping itself isn't that difficult (except when this little monkey is crawling all over the place. Last night it was like non stop!) What is tough is the getting up to pee or when I need to roll over it feels like a bowling ball in there.

Best moment this week? Just being 30 Weeks!

Miss anything? Being able to sit comfortably. My back is either sore or it is putting too much pressure on the lower part of my belly.  Since I am not very long in the torso, my belly comes right out from below my boobs. Sometimes I am starting to wonder if the baby will have enough room to be head down and vertical! So far it really likes to be diagonal.

Movement? Um, yeah. I honestly have not even bothered to count kicks.  I really haven't needed to! Now there are a lot more rolls and slides though, and being able to feel more pokey bits like elbows and knees.

Food cravings?  Nothing specific. Since being home from our weekend of food adventure I have been back to eating pretty healthy.

Food aversions? My new Omega three gummies. Blah. I can definitely taste the fishyness.  so stupid that Costco gets rid of things so fast.  These taste like sugared fruity fish jelly.

Labor signs? Some painless Braxton hicks

Symptoms? Pressure on the ribs (and organs?) when i sit and lean over (who are we kidding, slouch),  The need to pee has increased again, back pain (the chiro said it looks really good now, but i won't be able to be totally pain free with being pregnant) and achy in the legs when I stand too long at work (been pretty good at wearing my compression stockings and they seem to help a bit)

Belly button in or out? In

Looking forward to? Having baby's room painted so we can set up the furniture!


So since I missed my 29 week post, here are pictures for both 29 and 30 weeks :)


29 Weeks



30 Weeks


30 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment