Wednesday 11 April 2012

28 weeks

Hello 3rd trimester!  I feel like the 6th month went by pretty fast, despite being sick for much of it.  Now that I am starting to feel a bit better, of course the tiredness is setting in. I had been doing pretty well for that, with quite a bit of energy all through the 2nd trimester.  Now I don't know if it's just that my body is so drained out from the last few weeks or if its the 7th month that's really hitting me. Yesterday I went out for just a few hours and had to come home for an hour nap. Today I just dragged myself around work all day like a zombie, totally out of it.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. The husband and I are headed to Minneapolis for some shopping and together time. Our last little weekend away before baby comes.  We would have waited a little longer to go, but considering we're driving, It probably wouldn't be that comfortable at 8 months pregnant. Also, I am looking forward to getting some new maternity clothes that I can wear these last few months.  Hopefully we will be able to get some good deals on things to stock up on for baby, such as diapers, wipes, maybe some more outfits and other essentials.

We're also hoping to stop by a few places that we saw on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. Yumm! I really love that show  (my other favorite is Eat St. and sadly there are not many food trucks like that in Winnipeg due to the long winter I guess), although everytime I watch it I get hungry.  It might sound funny, but it is actually a dream of mine to do a big food road trip.  I'll have to settle for this for now!



How far along?  28 weeks


Total weight gain? 17 Lbs


Maternity clothes? Getting to the limit of the non maternity tops, although some bigger sizes of flowy tops work 


Stretch marks? No


Sleep?  Getting more and more uncomfortable. When I rotate myself during the night it sometimes feels like i am moving a rock inside my belly. Almost kind of a sick feeling


Best moment this week? Making it to the 3rd trimester milestone!


Miss anything? Being able to sit without my legs apart.  Again, I get that sick feeling if there is too much pressure on my lower abdomen


Movement? Now that there is less room in there I am feeling more and more rolls rather than kicks. Lots of pressure pushing out on my belly from some parts of baby. Still tough for me to figure out which body part is which though!


Food cravings? Brownies, chocolate things 

Food aversions? Not really


Labor signs? Not really this week (Braxton hicks)


Symptoms? Headaches. Ugh. Although i am wondering if these could be due to the antibiotics the doctor put me on because of my plague.  One more day of these pills, and hoping my head stops being sad.

Looking forward to? This weekend's roadtrip to Minneapolis!









No comments:

Post a Comment