Sunday 12 February 2012

20 Weeks!

Its been a pretty busy week, so it has been nice to just enjoy a relaxing weekend.
Monday I tried a chiropractor recommended to me by my OB. I was very leery of this but since I was told that this guy deals with a lot of pregnant women, i was willing to give it a try. I was hoping to get some relief from some of the hip, back, and sciatica pain I had been having.  It seemed to go ok, and I should have gone back for my second appointment on Friday, but I got stuck at work with a client that took me much longer than anticipated.  By the end, I realized that I had been standing for basically 8 hours straight. Not only was I ridiculously exhausted, I felt like I had completely trashed my back, and feel like I am probably back to square 1 with any kind of treatment the chiro did.  Up until then I felt not too bad standing at work, and most of the pain I would experience would be leaning over to shampoo clients.  Well I have now realized that I am not a machine and clearly some jobs are just getting a bit much!  Tomorrow Is my rescheduled appointment and hopefully will be able to get back on track!

At Wednesday's yoga class, I had a very familiar thing that happened to me again. I started to crave a cinnamon bun.  I can't explain this strange phenomenon. It just happens. I apologize to anyone who teaches me yoga.  Most of the time i really am trying to be mindful, however my mind often drifts, and it often drifts to delicious cinnamon buns, and sometimes donuts.  Sweet foods aren't even normally "my thing".  So, naturally I decided to pay a visit to the Tall Grass Bakery.  The fact that these cinnamon buns are whole wheat make me feel a little less guilty.  Oh, and by the way, i managed to wait a whole day and a half before I gave into this craving.




Last night we attended my good friend Joel's wedding.  The bride was beautiful, and the whole wedding was really nice. They even had the ceremony at a theatre. A really nice touch. The wedding favors were super cute too, but sadly I will be saving the unpasteurized honey until after the baby is born. Sigh. I had to keep reminding myself though, that when I went up to the bar, I was just getting water or soft drinks.  I managed to last until after 12 and was quite proud of myself.  I was determined to not be one of those lame couples that leave right after dinner.  It was also my first time on a dance floor since being quite pregnant. You definitely become a lot more aware of your body, and start getting the sense that some of your equilibrium is off.  

This morning I had a nice sleep in (t'ill 11:30! don't know the last time that happened!)  had a visit from my sister in law and her son, went for a walk and saw the movie The Vow.  It was really sweet actually, and I have a love for most movies that have Rachel McAdams in them.  She just seems like a person that  would be really nice in real life. 


Here's the 20 week quiz!

How far along? 20 Weeks
Total weight gain? 9 lbs
Maternity clothes? All pants, some tops
Stretch marks? No but I noticed a small certain little line developing
on my belly!
Sleep? Not too bad If I am able to get myself positioned right
Best moment this week? Eating above cinnamon bun and attending my good friends wedding
Miss anything? A glass of wine
Movement? Lots
Food cravings?Cinnamon buns (of course) Still burgers
Food aversions? Foods where I can taste Omega 3 added. Today I could detect the fishyness in my toast!
Labor signs? Nope
Symptoms? More of the same, starting to feel heaviness in the abdomen sometimes.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Looking forward to? Finding clothes that fit me for our upcoming trip, and attending out first prenatal class tomorrow :)







1 comment: