Monday 26 March 2012

26 Weeks

Oups.  Things got a little busy around here...or maybe i got lazy.... and missed my 25 weeks post.  I've been sick most of this last week, my first big cold since being pregnant. Ugh, you really realize how much you rely on cold meds when you can't take them :(   Hopefully the light is at the end of the tunnel.

I've still been going to the Chiropractor, and while my sciatic nerve pain seems to have mostly subsided, I am still dealing with the annoying back pain. It's so hard for me to sleep in now, when i have the time, because at that point my back has totally had enough of that horizontal position business. I bought a stability ball so sometimes I use that instead of a chair when I am at the computer, because just sitting in the wrong position is often painful.

Work is getting a little tougher. With standing on my feet all day I need to take more and more breaks to rest my feet and legs.  My varicose vein worries keep nagging at me. I see them starting already and I feel a lot of pressure at the back of my legs by the end of the day. I went to a place to look at support stockings and the first lower priced option made me feel like a grandma stuffed in a sausage. Yes this is my best description. All in all, they made my legs feel sad.  My next option, only slightly better, were far more expensive and I am hesitant to spend all of that money on something that i may decide i hate and not wear. Also, the weather is warming up, do i really want to wear those stupid hot things all day?  I am torn about this. I need to think about it a bit more, going to ask my OB for her opinion at next week's visit.  I realize this post sounds a bit negative, truth is this whole sick thing has given me a case of the blahs. What the husband likes to call me being a "grumpy little munchkin".  I know I have had it pretty easy this pregnancy so far. I consider myself lucky, I really do.  Looking forward to a new week.


How far along? 26 Weeks

Total weight gain? About 16 pounds

Maternity clothes? Still some regular tops

Stretch marks? No

Sleep? See above. Ugh.

Best moment this week? Hmm hard to say since I've been sick all week

Miss anything? Advil cold and sinus

Movement? Not as much the last day or two, could baby be feeling the effects of my blahness?

Food cravings? Not as much the last week. Only starting to get my sense of taste back.

Food aversions? Not really

Labor signs? Shouldn't this be a question for the end of the pregnancy?? no real Braxton Hicks yet

Symptoms? Pretty sure I saw the first signs of colostrum.

Looking forward to? Feeling like myself again!












No comments:

Post a Comment