Monday 21 May 2012

34 Weeks

So we took advantage of the long weekend and went out to the lake yesterday afternoon until this evening.  It was really nice to get out of the city, if only briefly.  I love the outdoor smells, and food always tastes better there.  Sleeping on a double bed was a little more difficult with the husband and the snoogle, but did not prove to be impossible.  I am getting increasingly uncomfortable though and really starting to feel very pregnant.  All of baby's movements are so strong and much sharper now. I read that the amniotic fluid is maxed out a 34 weeks and you have little cushioning from baby's kicks. I can definitely agree with that. Some of the pokes and rolls actually hurt! and the braxton hicks are getting stronger.

 I wanted to get one lake day in this year before the baby came because lets face it, who knows what things will be like when this little monkey is born.  We may get really lucky and be able to take our baby anywhere, or we might have a very fussy baby and be pretty home bound.  I am playing it safe and not getting my expectations too high of having many lake days this summer.  I am very excited though to be having this baby in the summer, since i can at least get out and go for walks and not be stuck inside all day.  I am thinking that it may help with all of the overwhelming feelings that go on with being a first time mom, if I can at least get out of the house from time to time.



How far along? 34 Weeks

Total weight gain? 22 Lbs

Maternity clothes? Most 

Stretch marks? No

Sleep? Not great. Getting up 1-2 times in the night, some trouble rolling over and getting comfortable
again while everything settles in its place again (baby, organs and such)

Best moment this week? Getting out of the city

Miss anything? Being more mobile and being able to go on longer walks.  I get tired a lot faster and get lots of contracting when i walk

Movement? Lots of rolls, stretching, pressure from what I think is baby's head low down. Still lots of hiccups too.

Food cravings? Ice cream sandwiches and Sangria

Food aversions? Nope

Labor signs? No

Symptoms? Lots of Braxton Hicks, (especially when I walk or pretty much every time I get up from sitting) pelvic pressure, some back pain

Belly button in or out? Not really either! kind of flush with my belly...

Wedding rings on or off? Still on, Yay

Looking forward to? The husband and I's 1st anniversary on the 28th!











No comments:

Post a Comment